There is no win too small to celebrate as a small business owner.
Since things have opened up here in Alberta, there seems to be a new pace of life as people are trying to get into a new “normal”. Although, as a mom to young kids our daily routines haven’t changed much between pre-pandemic life and now. It is interesting how we can still feel that change in the pace of life around us.
Today, I’m keeping this blog short with one question for you. A question I hope you will take the time to answer if you haven’t yet.
What are your wins from this month? From this quarter?
Take some time and write down your wins. The small wins and big wins.
And then celebrate them!
Did you accomplish one of your goals? Celebrate it!
Did you accomplish part of your goal? Celebrate it!
Did you accomplish something else? Celebrate it!
Why should we take the time to look back, to write down our wins and celebrate them?
Here are 3 benefits to celebrating our business wins:
1. Positive Mindset
There’s this saying in parenting: sleep begets sleep. I think this is very much true to our mindset as well. A positive mindset begets a positive mindset. When we practice celebrating the wins in our day, our week, our month … we are teaching our minds to focus on the good things in our life. To look for the positive things to celebrate.
“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey.
When we acknowledge our wins, small or big, our brain is releasing those “feel good” chemicals of oxytocin, endorphins, serotonin and dopamine in our brain that motivate us to achieve more. To accomplish more goals. To keep succeeding. According to Wolfram Schultz, a principal research fellow at the University of Cambridge in England, “when something is really good, you go back for it again. Celebration and dopamine is a reward to our brains like treats are to animals.”
3. Inspire Others
By taking the time to not only celebrate our wins but to share our wins with those around us, we can inspire others. Inspire others to celebrate with us and encourage them to celebrate their own wins. Sharing your wins with your colleagues and your audience is a great way to share the successes of your journey, encourage them to learn from your success, and to be motivated to celebrate their own wins. Let’s spread the celebration love!
With that being said, let me share my wins from the last quarter with you. 😀
So, here are some of the wins I am celebrating from Quarter 1 – a mix of both business and personal wins:
- Added “Kajabi Specialist” certification to my credentials to better serve our clients with all things Kajabi. (If you’re curious to learn more, book a quick teatime chat with me.)
- Enjoyed our long-awaited, and needed, holiday to England to visit family. (If you missed my last blog post, you can check out the three lessons I learnt from our trip here.)
- Set a habit of unplugging from social media every Sunday enabling me to be fully present with my family.
- Continued to support clients with their online marketing, giving them time to focus on the areas of their business that brings them joy.
- Set up a client’s first mini-course in Kajabi, helping newly engaged couples jumpstart their wedding planning together.
- Consistently showing up in your inbox and on social media (thanks to the support from my amazing VA for making it happen!)
- Giving myself grace when I don’t quite meet my high expectations and need to re-prioritize my goals.
I hope this has encouraged you to take a couple of minutes to start celebrating your business wins (as well as your personal ones) and to write them down from this month and this quarter.
Don’t forget to celebrate all your wins – big or small – because no win is too small to celebrate. I would love to celebrate with you so please share your wins with me in the comments below!